Saturday, July 14, 2012

Away from home makes it easier....and harder

Keith and I would usually see my dad out and about the town at least once a week. This week is our church festival, and we would have had an evening supporting the church. He usually would buy, and then take home something after playing a few games of bingo or chuck-a-luck.
We are in San Diego, so I am no seeing him everywhere which is easier, but as I watched my niece and nephews play for the 2 weeks, I cry because he isn't here to see them. I had great memories of my grandfather, and it's sad they won't know him.
One of my best pictures is the one with him holding a 1 year old Graham as Carson, Mila, and Margot climbed around and over him. He laughed which, knowing my dad was a big statement to his enjoying hat moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment